Thursday 30 August 2012

Behind Oppa Raya Style

Hey everyone!

Am I the only one here who thinks that the raya breaks my college gives me (3 weeks) is too damn long?!
[Haha, that's two memes right there.]

Once again, with the end of the raya breaks approaching, I get the feeling that most of my holidays are wasted on unimportant matters, such as reading novels, 9gagging, napping, and watching Youtube videos, when what I should be doing is writing my personal statement, applying for unis, hunting for scholarships, registering for exams, getting work experience......

I'm pretty sure that everyone has that feeling, but that doesn't make it any better, does it?

But I'll get to that feeling right after I write about this particular Youtube video I watched while procrastinating from my real duties:


No further explanation needed.

Seriously, what's there not to like about Gangnam Style? Stick-in-your-head tunes, simple yet beautiful choreography, and it obeys the key rule to all popular pop songs nowadays worldwide:

REPETITION IS CATCHY.

But seriously, the best part of the video was, in fact, PSY himself, the uncommon idol. A ...erm... ''larger than life'' body, being in stark contrast of all the six-packs of K-Pop male artists, brings a fresh look to K-Pop in the same way that Adele brought a different view to the stereotypes of US music industries. PLUS he has a suit sense that rivals even Neil Patrick Harris himself, and that's saying something.

Speaking of Neil:

RIP Neil Armstrong, one of the first humans on the moon.
See how I used the phrase 'one of the first'? That's because one cannot forget that the first moon landing was not a solo mission, but a team mission consisting of Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins. I could once again rant about how people only focus on one person in a whole team, essentially giving one person all the limelight, but I already did that in my last post, and although repetition IS catchy, I really don't wanna repeat myself.

Not unlike PSY, Neil Armstrong is also an idol, albeit for far longer than PSY. Sure, some of you might argue that they represent totally different things, and should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

But what is an idol, anyway? According to dictionary.com, an idol is any person or thing regarded with blind admiration,adoration, or devotion. Since there are people who do admire and adore both of them ( Okay.... Maybe not devote themselves to tehm, but still. ), they can be considered idols. What's more, they can be a source of inspiration for the people of today. Through Neil, we learn that what we thought cannot be reached can be done. Through PSY, we learn that stereotypes are no barrier for success (and Internet stardom). If everyone followed in the footsteps of these two people, everybody will have a lot more courage to live their dreams. 

We could all do with a few more good idols.

Well, that's it for today. Cya. I'm off to find my idol, one who doesn't waste time on unimportant matters, such as reading novels, 9gagging, napping, and watching Youtube videos, and instead focuses on the real issues, such as writing my personal statement, applying for unis, hunting for scholarships, registering for exams, getting work experience......

One more thing:

             
                                         HAPPY MERDEKA DAY!!! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment