Sunday 28 December 2014

Behind A Crowded Shop and A Crowded Mind

3 days ago, I was shopping in Italy.

Yesterday, I was shopping in London.

As a self proclaimed hater of shopping, I am quite ashamed of myself for this atrocity. I mean I don't hate shoppers, just the act of shopping.

You know....

Sacrificing money for stuff you probably will never use.
Walking for hours to find that one thing you want.
Mentally calculating the cost of everything to see if the sale is not a sham.
Spending days trying on different sizes.
Realizing sizes differ from store to store.
Jostling with people who actually enjoy shopping.
Being the bag man.

Basically, shopping.

Especially if you're a student on a tight budget.

Now, I'm not saying that I won't ever shop. A guy's still need to buy stuff to eat y'know.

Just that I don't understand how people *coughwomencough* derive joy from shopping. But that's just me. I am the kind of guy who would love a 2nd hand sweater for Christmas.

I just don't need new stuff. Just stuff.

Like stuffed turkey. And stuffed... pillows. Yeah.

But I won't judge you if you're one of those people. At least now I know what makes you happy.

And Christmas is all about happy.

Happy Boxing Day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment