Wednesday 1 January 2014

Behind 2013: A Reflection

I know I'm supposed to be studying, what with exams less than a week an all. But it's the last day of a momentous year, and I feel that I should write down what I feel about the year before it slips away forever.


So yeah. A lot has happened this year, globally and personally. Of course, this is a blog. If you wanted the highlights of the world for the year, you should have visited the news portals.

Yeap, this is looking out to be another rant.
What happened this year? Well, in a nutshell, I tried to be a better brother, had my heart damaged and stitched up, thrashed A-Levels, had doubts, made great friends,  had awesome experiences with them, learnt the bulk of my cooking skills from beloved Mom, fought for a scholarship (much appreciated!), went to uni, lived alone for a quarter year, explored my faith, got almost drunk for the first time, and won most of my shouting competition with my inner demon. And those are only the big events.

Whoa. THAT much has happened?

Time flies.
Speeding through the regions, you can call me Red.

But one thing is for certain. I am not the same person I was 365 days ago. I've learnt, and I've grown. (Hopefully.) But not enough. The fact that I am here blogging on New Year's Eve instead of watching fireworks and boozing shows that my social skills still have room for improvement.

Admittedly, I have acted quite stupidly through some parts of the year, and if I had offended anyone, I am truly sorry. But that's what growing up is all about, eh?

It's been ups and downs, but mostly ups. It doesn't take much to make me happy, or at least, stop be from feeling down. A little is needed.

I know, that the journey will only get harder from here. But if you're a gamer or similar, you will know that that's where the fun starts. :D The joy of achieving something you always wanted for a while is indescribable.

Which brings me to resolutions. They say New Year Resolutions are pretty much doomed, so I thought, let's not make New Year Resolutions! Lets make them every other day. Set goals for yourself everyday, so you will continually....

LEVEL UP!!!

But seriously. I'll make this short, cause quite bluntly, exams.

Bring it on, exams!

Bring It On, 2014!

BRING IT ON, LIFE!!!


FOR BACON PANCAKES!!!!!

Cya next year! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment