Friday 25 July 2014

Behind Reluctant Wings

First MH 370.

Then MH 17.

Then ATR-72.

Now 5017?

What are the odds?

Quick Googling shows that the odds of being in a fatal airline accident is 1 in 4.7 million.

And now three flights down in a single week, two by storms (one questionable), one by gun.

What crappery is this? Anymore tragedies in the skies and you're practically proving the existence of a god (albeit a cruel, twisted one, and definitely not mainstream).

My condolences to those whose lives have taken a turn for the worse by these incidents. I have no support for you, nor anything anyone can do could replace your loss. I can only advise you to stay strong.

They're all still up there now. Somewhere.

But what can we do? Funds? FB likes? Advice? Airline assurance and insurance?

Dumbledore: No spell can reawaken the dead, Harry. I trust you know that. 

Even magic can't bring them back.

I understand that this is a great loss for the world, both in the skies and on the earth.


But life goes on. 

Shit happens, even if it defies probability.

Get the investigations over with, stop exploiting the crashes for media coverage, settle minor differences and cooperate for heck's sake! You ain't helping anyone!


And before you call me a heartless bastard, know that I do feel terrible for not feeling terrible for them.

And I try to emphatise. I really do.

But I can't. It's not rational to do so.

I know what the world would be like if everyone stopped caring, especially at a time like this, where those affected need all the care and support they can get.

But caring hurts, and I can't too much to people I don't even know.

I'm selfish, and I'm sorry.

What can I do? 

This post doesn't deserve a sprite. Or maybe I'll add it in later, when I've calmed down.

Cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment