Tuesday 7 June 2016

Behind Mile High Thoughts

I keep reviving my dead blog like this, I’m not sure why.\

But it has been an interesting year indeed. Now that summer holidays have begun, I would like to use this ridiculous time I have now on the plane to collect my thoughts and write something about it.

Summary one, medicine is a people’s profession. Like seriously, if you don’t like people, please find a more number orientated job. Hopefully a job that doesn’t require you to have connections to climb the ladder. Which is basically…. Nothing. So basically you really need to know people. This is why co-curricular activities are important kids. You get to meet friends who might one day be your law partner. Or maybe even your soul mate. Who knows. So stay in school kids.

But I’m rambling again. Where was I? Medicine. Right.

So in medicine, you talk to patients every day, you talk to doctors every day, you talk depend on nurses every day. So people skills are important. Communication skills are important. Not offending people is also an important skill to have. Therefore, one might need to learn on the job about different expectations of people. To be honest it’s really like real life. Like have you seen those aunties bargaining for fruit at a Saturday morning fruit market? Now THAT’S communication skills.

In essence, be nice to people, and people will be nice to you, but don’t be afraid to assert.

Summary two, big things are afoot.

In the UK, the biggest news would probably be the upcoming Brexit referendum coming up (short for British Exit). In case you are not clear what is that about, this is basically some people want UK out of the EU, some people want to remain there. They will, of course, still continue to use the sterling pound either way, but this would have a great impact about the future of the UK. On one hand, staying in the EU would probably mean better trade relations and easy migrations between UK and other EU countries. On the other hand, leaving would avoid the potential economical harm brought about by the refuge crisis from Syria (balance of ethics and feasibility) and the troubles brought about by easy migrations between UK and other EU countries. This kinda puts the NHS new junior contract business on the sidelines for the time being, but nevertheless that contract will inevitably be the) and the troubles brought about by easy migrations between UK and other EU countries. This kinda puts the NHS new junior contract business on the sidelines for the time being, but nevertheless that contract will inevitably influence the future of the NHS, in terms of the future ethnical composition of the doctors and patients, as well as resources available.

Also, it would seem more and more likely that the USA would be electing either her first female president or first orange president. Ones rather flip-floppity, the other’s super extravagant; both aren’t exactly the most popular of candidates, at least from who I know in the UK and the Internetz, which we all know is an accurate representation of real life.

But my personal thoughts? Nothing much would probably change in my day-to-day life regardless. People still have jobs to do and food to eat, and most don’t want any sudden change in the status quo. I will still be a student, and eventually be a doctor. The tube will still run on time, the KTM will still be late, and the Earth will still be warming up.

But then again I am an extremely short-sighted person who doesn’t really care for big decisions not obviously affecting his short- to middle-term future. This viewpoint will offend someone eventually, esp those seeking change close to home, thus contradicting summary one. I still won’t care, but I should. I really should.

Summary three, live life.


People who entered university at the same time as me are graduating already. Like, wow. 

I think I'll write up on that tomorrow. I have time after all.

Cya tmr.

No comments:

Post a Comment