Sunday 10 June 2012

Behind Holidays After Exams

Sorry I couldn't keep my promise for an earlier post. Besides my A-Levels exams, I had to study for SATs. LOL ( In case you didn't know, SAT stands for Standard Aptitude Test, but apparently it doesn't test your aptitude only anymore, so now it stands for... nothing.)

So, about SAT. My dad once told me that since it just tests your English and Math, I wouldn't need to study as hard for it as compared to my A-Level Exams. I thought so too, at first, until I saw what really came out in SAT through the practice questions.

So I ended up spending half of the week two weeks ago cramming for the exams.

Too soon, the day of the SAT ( 2 June ) arrived. Basically, the whole day was a blur, but all I can say is this:

If you don't have endurance, you probably won't survive the test.

Seriously, the questions asked will stump you senseless ( except Maths, I'm actually quite good at it )
PLUS you only have less than half an hour to finish each section
PLUS you have to finish each section back to back, and there are 10 sections.

Overall, I wish I did well, cause I wouldn't want to resit the SAT again.

Thank God for toilet breaks.

Speaking of toilet breaks, something literally pissed me off the other day.

I was going downstairs for a drink of water when I heard something crashing in the kitchen. I went in to check, and ZOOM! A grey blur ran past me and hit the window opposite the kitchen door. AHA! It was one of those nasty cats, which obviously came in through the open glass door near the side for a raid and couldn't get out. It then went headfirst into other windows, hoping to find an exit. With an evil satisfaction I stood by and watched it hurt itself more. (On hindsight, it probably wasn't a really good thing to do, but it DID mess up our garden a lot, and my family's definitely not cat people.)

And then, it either got smart or got stupid, and ran up the stairs.

Shocked as I was, I chased it upstairs, and the cat attached itself to the upstairs grill window, and no matter what I did, it just wouldn't come off.

Calm down.....

Finally, my dad managed to carry it out (after calming it down, I never could do that well) after putting on gloves and his work jacket. Soon, we discovered that the cat left a part of itself in at least three places in the house, one of them being my bedroom table.

*sigh* Another reason to hate cats.

Anything to say, cat people? If you do, then cya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment