Thursday 28 June 2012

Behind the Musica

I love music. Plus, it was indeed a very musical weekend.

First of was thFete De La Musique 2012 organized by the HELP UC in collaboration with Maybank, at two separate places at once, the Curve and the BB Park.


http://word.office.live.com/wv/WordView.aspx?FBsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fdownload%2Ffile_preview.php%3Fid%3D234485770003386%26metadata&access_token=100000490061717%3AAVJAaCmhCSxECMUdwiZU8BiZmzCLq9_yRKmhpneG4xiQ4A&title=Write-up.docx (in case you are interested).

I would like to say that while the music was great ( think a French Solo, dance performances[contemporary, no less], and the band Rosevelt ), there was hardly any crowd, except us mock crowds wearing SASA T-shirts, which kinda sucked, since as I said earlier, I love music, and I hate to see good music being ignored. 

The only time a real crowd gathered around was when Rosevelt performed. They're pretty good.

I guess everyone was too "busy shopping".

People these days....

Anyways.... PICTURES:

ERROR 404:
PICTURES OF EVENTS AT CURVE NOT FOUND
ONLY THAT IN BB PARK AVAILABLE
CONTINUE?

Ah well. Only if someone comments that they wanna see them, then.

But I couldn't stay long though, so I couldn't catch most of the performances, which was a shame really.

Why did I have to go off early, you said? Well, that's because my family and I were off to catch MLTR live! That's Micheal Learns To Rock if you are horrible in acronyms.

Wait a minute, I hear you all say. Aren't they some old band or something? Why are they still having concerts?


Well, actually, yes, they are old-ish, but cut them some slack, they've only been to Malaysia twice. (This is the third time.)


Mom usually doesn't approve of us kiddies going out to concerts, but this time its because my uncle secured some extra tickets (don't ask me how) for the concert to celebrate the launching of the Setia City Mall. I still don't know how to get there.


Anyways, those were some really good seats. Two seats in the second row!!! What are the odds?


Buuuut being the extremely kind-hearted and generous brother I am, I stepped aside and let my siblings have them; Mom and myself content with 10th row in the free seating area.


But my lil' brother and my cousin (who was in front too) got some pretty awesome pictures. Check it out:


Before the entry:






Opening act by Ah Beng:









The act:






















 Confetti!!!!


Sorry for long post, but for awesome music, it is well deserved.

And yes, Micheal is still Learning To Rock.

But still.

Cya soon if you appreciate good music.

No comments:

Post a Comment