Thursday 21 June 2012

Behind This Curtain Of Haze


I DON'T THINK THAT'S POLLUTION BRO, I THINK THAT'S


Who am I kidding? That thing floating around in the air now, blocking most of the scenery (OK, I admit, my scenery is just a hill with trees, but still) : that's definitely pollution.

I hate this time of the year, when the haze sets in. It halves my vision, irritates my nose, and gives me this nasty cough.



Plus, I've totally lost the will to jog.

But to tell you the truth, this was long time coming. The smoke we get from cars, lorries, factories, campfires, wildfires, open fires, cigarettes, cigars etc, they have to go somewhere, right? But they have no home, not in the same way that CO2 can return to trees at the end of a long day; so they decide to linger on and poison us all.

But that's not the worst part. What really gets me off is that once the haze comes, people - no - governments start blaming other governments. I won't go into details, but it has something to do about forest fires happening in our neighbour, and the smokes blowing into our airspace or something.

And here I am, begrudging those who burn their rubbish everyday.

If we have to blame somebody, let it be this guy:



Ah well, I've said so much, but what can I do? Stop cooking?

Best thing is to go get some masks, no?

Going out now. Cya. Hopefully by then the smoke's cleared.


No comments:

Post a Comment