Monday 8 July 2013

Behind Longest Camp Ever

Right now there is a firework display outside my house (even better than the ones during Chinese New Year).

There is also a Coldplay concert playing in the background, currently Fix You.
Or as Tweets go, #np

Life now is good.

Certainly much more relaxing than an 8-Day camp in Ulu Sepri, N9. 8 days?!, I hear some of you say. What kind of camp goes on for 8 DAYS?!!?!?

Well, this one does. And let me remind you that National Service goes on for 3 months straight. 8 days is nothing.

Well, what is this camp for, exactly? It's actually a pre-requisite for JPA scholars (aka scholarship from the government) before we can go abroad, in addition to having good results and an unconditional offer to a uni in their lists. (I can write a whole rant about that last part, but I'm in a good mood now. Don't spoil it.)

Well, since I have nothing to do with my time anyway....

And it's actually a decent camp. I had fun. Met a lot of fun people. Learnt things old and new.

Actually, I think I had fun because of expectations. I mean, you hear stories about govt camps having horrible facilities and lots and lots of brainwashing. Not to mention six meals a day, but I'm not complaining about that. Food is food.

And I am pleasantly surprised to find that in the face of these rumors, my batch remained sporting and made this a very memorable experience for all of us.

Details in the next post.

Cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment