Tuesday 23 July 2013

Behind Islands and Not Caring For A While

So I was gone to Redang for 3 days. Twas a class trip. I decided unwind myself and just not care for a while.

Big mistake.

Boy, was it eventful.

Even before I left the mainland, memories happened.

I actually missed the goddamned flight to KTerengganu. I couldn't really blame anyone but myself for being such a blurhead and not noticing the difference between a Subang Airport and the LCCT.

I guess I deserved the following 7 hours only with myself as company. And I'm telling you, myself is a total bastard. The poison myself said cannot be reproduced here in this blog. All I can say is that I arrived to the Redang Reef Resort in a super foul mood, and did an unspeakable thing. After that, they say they were fine with it, but I wasn't fine with it, so fine me then.

And that's one.

SO the whole thing blew over quite well. And we went snorkeling, which is what you normally do at an isand like Redang. And I decided to go shirtless, since it was cloudy out. Only a Gaussian Blurred Sun can be seen in the sky, and I did have my sunblock, so I thought, I've cared enough, let's go under the sun!!!


And that's two.

I could swear that my shoulders were GLOWING RED the whole next day. It hurt when I put my hands up, put my put my hands up! (Standard party song line. Slightly related:


I love mashups.)

Always apply liberal amounts of sunblock at extremely short time intervals, especially during summer time, regardless of how cloudy the sky is. I JUST WANNA FEEL better shoulders.

And the rest of the trip went pretty dandy, with cards and drinks and food (repetitively and in no particular order). I really enjoyed myself there. Perhaps I'll mention this in another post. Because this post is a self-depreciating post about the downsides of not caring.

Thus, I will skip to the end of the trip to the airport before we leave. I went and paid Nicky RM 119 for the flight ticket ( reminds me, haven't gotten my 1119 cert yet. Hmm. ) And guess how much money I have in my wallet. Go on, take a wild guess.

RM 30. Frikking RM 30. From supposedly RM 400 I've withdrawn a week ago + RM 100 I got from my dad at the airport before I left.

I counted and I counted and I only calculated that I spent RM 350 at most.
Not exactly the correct meme to use here,
but with all this careless spending...
You get my point

Where did that money go?

How much did I actually spend there?

How much did I actually bring there?






And now I have a heart burn in addition to my skin burn, and awaiting a further word burn by my parents.

And that's three.

I just reckoned I'll be fine if I had enough in my wallet, ie I still had that purple 100 ringgit note.

 That's more like it.
And I ended up not caring at all.

Not about the feelings about my friends, not about my health, not about my finances.

This keeps up, I can't survive studying alone overseas. Definitely. I have to learn to care, even about the small things.

Cause small things say a lot about yourself.

And I think I've said enough about myself today.

Cya.

PS Those guys could really drink!!


PPS I really had fun there, despite all that. Really I did. I'm gonna miss them.







No comments:

Post a Comment