Sunday 17 May 2015

Behind Musical Movies

So I've been pretty free now, and went to watch some movies in the cinema.

Well two movies anyway. And both of them have Anna Kendrick in it.

What? She's kinda cute.

Anyway, it also just so happens that both of them are based around songs.

First one was "The Last Five Years". S'a musical about a couple who met, loved, married and divorced in a matter of 5 years. And also the story is told in an unchronological, random manner. I mean, it's an interesting style, but it kinda spoils the ending.

Second one was "Pitch Perfect 2". S'a movie where after an unfortunate mishap, a group of "weirdos" (quoteth the movie) have to sing their way to rise from disgrace, and find their sound along the way. Oh, and there are two sub-plots as well.

While they each have their own merits, they are both far from perfect. The first one was not that interesting, 2 people singing for 2 hours, and not that good a lyric too. The second one, really cool and has much wonderful songs, but full of stereotypes. I mean it makes it a lot of fun to watch, but also a whole lotta cringe.

But it's fun to watch people belt it out on screen. And each movie is kinda relatable funny to each of the niche they are targeting. And honestly I like them both, even though I've seen better.

And it's totally not because of Anna Kendrick. No, totally not. Nuh-uh.

But I do want to sing now. A lot. But not about life or to win a world-competition.

I just wanna sing for the sake of singing.

Can I do that?

Cya on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment