Monday 11 May 2015

Behind A Vote Is A Man (Or A Woman, I Don't Discrimintate)

So last Thursday was D-Day for the people of the United Kingdom. Well, for those who follow politics.

Don't get me wrong, it is the duty of people to vote for the people who will lead the country to greatness. And I am 100% behind 100% of the people voting for their leaders so that those in position of power really represent the needs of the people.

Well, except there will be no 100% voter turnout, because of some international students like me who do not even bother. This is wrong, because, especially as a medical student, I'll be here for the next few years or so, and whatever policy that the winning government would come up with will certainly affect me, an international student. Financially, but socially as well.

But on the other hand, if I vote, I feel that it is unfair for the local residents. I mean, I've only been in London for 20 months. What do I know about how the country had always been run, and what would be the best way to run it? I don't even know who was the Prime Minister candidate for each party! Although I suppose that was just apathy on my part. Disregard that last statement.

I don't know. I wished I cared more.

Maybe because I have to go back after all this is over, so I only have my sights on what's happening back home. But it's bad to be blind to what is happening here in UK. Especially if there's trouble brewing. I like to think of myself being able to sniff out trouble before it starts.

Anyway. If it was any consolation for myself, the constituency that I could have voted for was a safe seat, so it wouldn't have made a difference anyway if I casted a ballot. Or would it?

I really don't wanna think about it. But I have to when my home elections come round. So, I have to start really caring.

I only wanted to be fair to everyone.

Ah well. It's Monday tomorrow. Again.

Cya in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment